Chris Blizzard from Mozilla presented on what’s new with Firefox.
- Been a major release from every browser vendor in the last 12 months.
- Full native hardware acceleration -D2D & OpeGL, WebGL, 3D Video on hardware
- Huge improvements in JS performance, including new types for fast access (byte arrays)
- I/O off-main-loop to reduce JANK (when browser pauses)
- GC improvements and compartments
- huge layout and reflow improvements
- HTTP connection improvements
Note on Pipelining: http://bitsup.blogspot.com/2010/11/performance-of-pipelining-in-http.html